Tabgha is the name of a Palestinian village that was situated on the north-western shore of the Sea of Galilee. Therefore area is traditionally accepted as the place where Jesus performed his miracle multiplying the loaves and fish.
However, in 1948 just before the Israeli-Arab War, the village was destroyed and the Palestinian residents were expelled in “Operation Broom.” Currently the modern ‘Church of Multiplication’ encloses excavations of a former Byzantine church which includes the mosaics of the loaves and fish. Sadly, in the summer of 2015 the church was burnt down by Jewish extremists. These lovley Tabgha dishes serve as a constant reminder of Jesus’ miracle. Also the mosaics of the loaves and fish are an emblem of solidarity for persecuted Christians in the Middle East.