Tabgha is the name of a Palestinian village that used to exist on the Sea of Galilee, near the site where Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes for the crowd. In 1948, just before the Israeli-Arab War, the village was destroyed and the Palestinian residents were expelled in “Operation Broom.” Today, the modern Church of Multiplication encloses excavations of a Byzantine church. The ruins include mosaics of the loaves and fishes. In the summer of 2015 the church was burnt down by Jewish extremists. Now these Tabgha dishes are a constant reminder of Jesus’ inspiration miracle and an emblem of solidarity for persecuted Christians in the Middle East.